Sharp TVs are renowned for their superb image quality and stylish designs, but sometimes they might have problems turning on. You need not fear if you are in a similar circumstance. This straightforward instruction will assist you in troubleshooting the issue and quickly getting your Sharp TV up and running.
We’ll go through everything you need to know, from checking the power supply to resetting the TV, to make sure you can address the problem quickly and effectively.
Causes for Sharp TV Not Turning On
There are several typical reasons why a Sharp TV could not turn on.
|Verify that the TV is plugged in securely and that the power socket is operational. A broken or frayed power line should be checked and, if required, replaced.
|Inspect the remote control to see if the batteries are dead or if it has any other damage. If you can, try an alternative remote.
|A lightning strike or power surge might harm the TV’s internal components and prevent it from coming on
|Your TV may have trouble turning on if it is using an out-of-date software version. Try installing the newest version of the program.
|Failure of internal components, such as the power supply, main board, or inverter board, maybe the cause of the TV’s failure to come on despite the use of the aforementioned measures. It is advised to seek expert repair assistance in this situation.
The most frequent reasons for a Sharp TV not turning on include some of these. You may fix the problem and restore your TV’s functionality by following these instructions.
Step-by-Step Troubleshooting Guide
Verify the plug and power wire.
The first step in troubleshooting a Sharp TV that won’t switch on is to check the power cable and socket.
- Make that the TV is connected to a functioning power outlet correctly.
- Plugging in a different appliance, such as a light or a fan, will allow you to verify the outlet’s functionality.
- Look for any evidence of damage, such as fraying or melting, on the power cable. The power cable has to be replaced right away if there is any damage.
- Look for any bent or loose pins or contacts on the plug. Unplug the plug from the outlet and plug it firmly back in if it is loose. Use a tiny instrument, such as a pencil, to gently straighten the pins if they are bent.
- Try connecting the TV to a different power outlet to see if it fixes the problem if it still won’t turn on.
You can make sure that your Sharp TV’s issue isn’t being caused by the power cable and plug by following these instructions. Continue to the next troubleshooting step if the TV still won’t switch on after inspecting the power cable and plug.
Check the power outlet
A simple but crucial step in troubleshooting a Sharp TV that won’t switch on is to check the power socket.
- By putting in another item, such as a light or a fan, to check whether it comes on, you may verify that the power outlet is operational.
- Verify if a switch or circuit breaker is used to regulate the power outlet. Check to see whether the switch is in the “on” position if it is. Whether a circuit breaker is in charge of controlling it, see if it has tripped and, if so, reset it.
- Make sure there is adequate electricity coming from the outlet. Some TVs use more power than others, therefore the TV could not turn on if the power outlet is insufficient. To check if it helps try connecting the TV to a different socket.
By carrying out these procedures, you can be sure that your Sharp TV’s issue is not being caused by the power outlet. After verifying the power outlet, if the TV still won’t switch on, continue to the next troubleshooting step.
Try a different Power Outlet
If you’ve examined the power outlet, power cable, and plug but your Sharp TV still won’t switch on, it could be worthwhile to try another power outlet.
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet.
- Make sure the TV is placed correctly and securely plugged in before connecting it to a separate power outlet.
- Check whether the TV works by turning it on.
You can find out whether the problem is with the original power outlet or if the TV is having another difficulty by trying a new power outlet. Continue to the next troubleshooting step if the TV still won’t switch on after attempting a new power outlet.
Check the TV’s power button
It can be worthwhile to examine the TV’s power button to see if that’s the source of the issue if your Sharp TV won’t turn on.
- Locate the TV’s power button. This might be a button on the remote control or a physical button on the TV.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. You may need to hold down the power button for up to 10 seconds if the TV has a physical power button.
- Check to check whether the TV turns on after releasing the power button.
If the TV lights up, the power button was probably the problem. After verifying the power button, go to the next troubleshooting step if the TV still won’t turn on.
Check the remote for the TV
If the power cable, socket, outlet, and power button are all functioning properly and your Sharp TV still won’t switch on, it could be worthwhile to examine the remote control.
- Inspect the remote control’s batteries. Replace the batteries with new ones if they are low on power or dead.
- Look for any evidence of wear and tear or any damage to the remote control, such as a broken or missing button. Replace the damaged remote with a new one.
- Press the power button on the remote control while aiming it squarely at the TV. Make sure there are no obstructions between the remote and the TV.
- Use a different remote control, if one is available, to see if it addresses the problem if the TV still won’t turn on.
These techniques will help you figure out whether your Sharp TV’s issue is related to the remote control. After examining the remote control, if the TV still won’t switch on, continue to the next troubleshooting step.
Restore the TV to its default settings
Resetting the Sharp TV to its factory default settings could assist if you’ve already ruled out the possibility that the power cable, socket, outlet, power button, and remote control are to blame for the issue.
- Locate the TV’s reset button. The actual placement may vary depending on the type of your TV, but it is often a little button on the back of the TV.
- Unplug the TV from the socket after turning it off.
- While you reconnect the TV to the power socket, press and hold the reset button on the device. After connecting to the TV, keep holding the reset button for an additional 10-15 seconds.
- When the TV restarts, let go of the reset button and wait a few seconds.
You may eliminate any customized settings or configurations that could be the source of the issue and return the TV to its initial condition by putting it back to factory defaults. After restoring the TV to its factory settings, if it still won’t switch on, there may be a hardware problem, therefore you should think about hiring a repair service.
Contact The Support
After exhausting all possible troubleshooting options, if your Sharp TV still won’t power on, there may be a hardware problem that has to be fixed by a specialist. Here are some possibilities for expert repairs to take into account:
- If your TV is still covered by warranty, get in touch with the manufacturer for repair services. They might provide a free diagnosis, repair, or replacement of the TV.
- Find a repair facility that is authorized to work on Sharp TVs: Numerous approved Sharp TV repair facilities can identify and fix your TV’s problem. On the Sharp website, or by contacting customer care, you may obtain a list of approved servicing locations.
- Hire a professional repair technician: If you feel comfortable dealing with electronics, you may have your TV’s problem identified and fixed by a professional repair specialist. Before hiring, look for experts with expertise in fixing TVs and get recommendations or evaluations.
You can be sure that your Sharp TV is fixed correctly and that it is working properly once more by using expert repair services. To prevent the TV from suffering more damage, it’s crucial to select a reliable and knowledgeable repair provider.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Sharp TVs that won’t turn on:
What should I do if, after trying several power outlets, my Sharp TV still won’t switch on?
It could be a hardware problem if your Sharp TV won’t turn on after testing several power outlets. Try returning the TV to its default settings, or think about hiring a repairman.
How can I determine if a software or hardware issue is causing my Sharp TV to malfunction?
While a software issue could cause problems with the image or sound quality, a hardware problem with your Sharp TV will often result in no power or an inability to switch on.
If you’ve tried resetting the TV to factory settings and ruled out the power cable, plug, outlet, power button, and remote control, the problem is probably hardware-related.
How do I restore the factory settings on my Sharp TV?
Find the reset button on your Sharp TV, turn it off, and disconnect it from the outlet. Press and hold the reset button while connecting the TV back in.
Release the reset button after 10-15 seconds. This will restore your Sharp TV to factory defaults.
How can I locate a Sharp TV servicing facility that is authorized?
On the Sharp website or by getting in touch with customer assistance, you may obtain a list of approved service locations for Sharp TVs.
Use search engines like Google and Yelp to look for repair services in your neighborhood.
What is the price of fixing a Sharp TV that won’t switch on?
Depending on the root of the problem and the necessary kind of repair, the cost of fixing a Sharp TV that won’t switch on might vary. Hardware problems might cost hundreds to over a thousand dollars to fix, although software problems could be less expensive.
The easiest approach to receive a precise quote is to hire a professional repair expert or a service shop that has been approved.
- In conclusion, there are a number of troubleshooting procedures you can use to identify the problem if your Sharp TV won’t turn on, including inspecting the power cord and plug, utilizing a different power outlet, checking the TV’s power button and remote control, and resetting the TV to factory defaults.
- If following these procedures doesn’t fix the problem, it could be a hardware problem, in which case you should think about hiring a professional repair expert or a licensed service facility.
- These procedures might assist make sure that your Sharp TV is working correctly once more and provide you with a better viewing experience.